‘Tis the season of carnations and chocolate! It’s time to start thinking of what to give your mum for Mother’s Day. Here are five more of GoneDigging’s favourite Mothers Day gifts that go well beyond the flowers and chocolates.
Confused about how to plan a special day for your mum? Here are some Mothers Day ideas that’ll help you pick the perfect gift...
5. Breakfast in Bed. How many times has your mum made you breakfast? It’s time to prepare her breakfast tray on March 10th. If you’re no cooking connoisseur, keep it simple. Stick to making sandwiches, tea or coffee. For an extra personal touch, serve your mum’s favourite beverage in a personalised mug.
This cute mug, with its lovely white finish, is made from white ceramic. At the front are our two newest, naughtiest characters – Chilli and Bubble – together with a fun one liner, but the best bit’s the fact it’s personalised with your mum’s name.
4. Fresh Flowers. Nothing beats a fresh bunch of posies on Mother’s Day. Arrange a bouquet of her favourite blooms in a lovely vase and keep it on her bedside before she wakes up. Add an extra special touch by placing a photo frame next to it with a snap of your best times together.
An engraved photo frame can be the best way to showcase a picture of you and your mum. The brushed aluminium of the frame emphasises the beauty of the photograph encased within.
3. Bling is always in. What woman doesn’t love jewels?! Sadly, such a gift can be pricey. Nevertheless, if you know where to shop, money’s no object. If you’re strapped for cash, but want something special, opt for something pretty and engraved like this initial necklace.
This stunning necklace features sterling silver letters, all of which sit prettily together alongside a striking heart puff. Not only that, it comes in a beautiful white gift box, tied with organza ribbon. Ooh la la!
If budget is no bother, plump for a gorgeous, timeless classic such as this attractive freshwater pearl bracelet with a sterling silver toggle clasp and heart charm. Keep it beside Mum’s bed while she’s fast asleep then surprise her with it once she’s awake. We’re sure it’ll light up her face with a beautiful smile when she sees it!
2. Pamper her from head to toe. Show your love and affection for mum by pampering her rotten, after all, she pampered you throughout your life, right? Book her a pamper day at a luxury retreat. If you’re a grown up, why not go, the pair of you?
If it’s too much than the budget allows, present your mum with a pamper hamper instead.
It’s filled with a deluxe selection of bathing products to revitalise and rejuvenate, such as soaps, candles and even sparkling rosé wine.
1. Go all-out. Make Mother’s Day one to remember by bestowing her with a bottle of bubbly and a box of choccies. Add even more elegance to your gift by opting for a personalised bottle of sparkling rosé with her name and a message on the bottle label.
Presented in an attractive silk-lined gift box, this wine and choccie gift set is definitely set to impress any chocolate-loving, wine-adoring mum. We challenge her not to finish the yummy truffles – naturally, she’ll get thirsty, so the personalised sparkling rosé is the ideal accompaniment.
We hope these Mothers Day gift ideas help you find the perfect pressie for your mum and plan the best Mother’s Day 2013 ever.